REASONS WHY TREES DO NOT SET FRUIT
1. Tree is not old enough.
2. Late frosts, wind or rain during blooming time.
3. No pollination. May need another variety to pollinate. Also need bees.
4. Planting the wrong variety for your climate. Some plants need a chilling
requirement and you might not have enough, or your climate may be too cold for
5. Over watering can cause premature fruit drop. Fruit trees do not do well in
lawns. Deep watering is best for fruit trees. Water less frequently and mulch.
6. Poor nutrition. Fertilize in late winter and again in late spring for best
7. Trees stressed from the year before may not fruit.
8. Crazy weather. Warm falls or winters or cold springs.
9. Poor pruning techniques. Fruit wood may have been cut off.
10. Lack of pruning. Some trees will bear heavy one year and almost nothing the
11. Not speaking to your trees. Did you hurt your trees feelings? Did you tell
your tree that you’re sorry and you’ll try to do better this year?